Wednesday 6 March 2013

Two more days from Judy

Judy's Day 4 (March 4th fyi)
Opening Chapel at 8 am was done by the young people and was excellent . Then I watched the opening ceremonies on webcast at the Episcopal Church center. The Secretary General spoke as did several ambassadors. It was good but I will admit to drifting off (which I am very good at). In the afternoon I went shopping in preparation for Alice Medcof's birthday party. the cake was from the Amish market who usually sell cake by the slice so the cake was $24 but it was red velvet and totally delicious. Almost all the Canadian Anglicans were here and Joan and Ross Fraser. Tonight was also the Canadian Ambassador's reception but there are so many Canadians here (a nice problem to have) that each group could only send a few.
Apparently it was excellent and Minister Ambrose was there.
No suitcase yet
Judy's Day 5
Tuesday March 5 in New York City and no suitcase.
At 9 am I joined the Voice of Women for Peace at the office of the Ambassador having a "private" audience. He recognized me which is nice. I tried to get into the Soroptimist event at 10:30 but it was overfilled. At noon the Soroptimists met at the UN building for pictures and I met more people from Canada. Then I went into the UN building and met with the Canadian "team" which we are fortunate to be able to do every day. In the afternoon I trapsed to Staples and organized new business cards as the others were in my missing bag. After a brief nap I was off to the Episcopal Church Centre to chair the Advocacy debrief at 6pm.
Walked back to staples and picked up the business cards and back to the room for supper. MAYBE I MIGHT GET MY SUITCASE BACK TOMORROW
HOORAY. To bed early tonight maybe.
Tune in tomorrow when hopefully Judy will finally get her other suitcase back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment