Saturday 9 March 2013

Judy's Suitcase Saga Continued

Yesterday I woke up feeling tired and unwell, so paying attention to my body I took most of Thursday off, slept, did email, slept ,showered and went out for dinner. I think I did too much Tuesday and Wednesday.

All the Canadian Anglicans except a couple went out to dinner Italian style last night. So nice to spend "non-working" time with them and get to know the new ones and catch up with the old ones. we are a diverse but very competent group with many strengths. On Wednesday, Maria brought me two sweaters and a jacket - she is so generous and caring. I felt badly missing a couple of things but I was pleased that I took time to look after me. After dinner several came back to our room for tea.

Fri I am back at it but determined to take a couple of hours off. Chapel was interesting with several ladies telling stories of friends or aquaintances who had suffered some form of violence against them. Valli and I took pictures to celebrate our reunion. the UN briefing was short today. I said goodbye to my Soroptimist Canadian connection as she leaves tomorrow. I have found another whole group of like-minded people. Advocacy committee was short today as we continued to plan mission visits. Met the Canadians in the UN lobby. there were a lot of us today and a good discussion. There is some optimism that things are going well on the floor.

There were several marches for International Women's Day despite the snow and rain and wind. I did not march as I have already walked farther than I usually do in a month.
the new song was introduced today. I will look for it and try to post it for you.

I am sad that several of our group are leaving tomorrow. It seems like we just got here and I just got to know them.

tomorrow I plan a quiet day and Sunday I am journeying to Long Island to visit friends and do some laundry. I am so excited not to be wearing a white shirt tonight - I finally have my nicer clothes.


HOORAY!!!!!!!!!
MY SUITCASE FINALLY ARRIVED TODAY
TODAY IS MY 8TH DAY IN NEW YORK AND I FINALLY HAVE SHIRTS WHICH ARE NOT WHITE AND LONG SLEEVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment