Saturday 9 March 2013

A Song for International Women's Day...One Day Late

Due to some pretty crazy travel rerouting yesterday, I did not have a chance to post anything for International Women's Day itself (and I fell behind on posting other people's material as well). The 10 hours it took me to get home from NYC to Ottawa was a great reminder that travel is a privilege to which most people in the world do not have the access I do. This privilege also allows me to take part in events and discussions like CSW and make my voice heard. This is one of the reasons that access to safe and affordable transportation is one of Ecumenical Women's priorities. It is a major factor in ensuring women and girls' access to the independence that facilitates their empowerment and enables them to better contribute to development as well.

Enough about that though. Here is your present for International Women's Day. UN Women put together this song in honour of this year's CSW and International Women's Day. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment